Thursday, July 3, 2014

To A Friend Lost

I sit before the screen,
I don't know what to say,
I never imagined
you would hurt me this way~

With out question,
not even checking to see,
you believed others' lies
and abandoned me~

I still cry,
I remember,
I still think of you,
Do you care?
Do you ever
think of me too?

I want you back,
I don't care what they say,
You couldn't have persuaded me
to leave you this way~

"If they don't love you,
Let 'em go!"
The world taunts
only to put on a show~

I don't believe it,
Christians should know
that brotherly love's hard,
But the only way to go~

Have you completely
written me off?
When reconciling is broached
you seem only to scoff~

But I bet there are burdens
I don't know you're bearing,
I bet there are weights
I don't know you're carrying~

If you would only
share them with me,
I bet we'd both
be easier, free~

Let's talk like we need to
about what went wrong,
Then we could forgive, move forward
before very long~

That's the first step,
Communication,
To save our Sister-in-Christ
Relation~

I know it's complex,
But shouldn't we try?
Who knows, we could end up
seeing eye to eye~

My arms are open,
My chest raw with pain,
If only you'll come
be my friend again~

No comments:

Post a Comment